Overseeing H+K’s Texas portfolio (Austin, Houston and Dallas offices), Marvin is an award-winning communications and public affairs executive with 30 years of experience leading client teams (including a Fortune 10 company) and a 45-person office, and building integrated campaigns to meet clients’ business objectives with a background encompassing media relations, public affairs, internal communications, crisis communications, executive communications, and social media.
Client engagement highlights:
- Led the client team that won or was named as finalist for eight national or local awards, including winning a Pollie for grassroots advocacy and finalist from PRWeek for public affairs campaign of the year
- Served as embedded Vice President of Communications for a Fortune 40 technology company business unit responsible for development of strategy and execution of all communications activities globally
- Led two high-profile public affairs campaigns for one of the world’s largest airlines
- Managed a public affairs and communications campaign for a multi-billion dollar state award in transportation
- Supported public affairs for a Fortune 1000 company business unit before state regulatory agencies
- Participated in the public affairs outreach during the largest U.S. leveraged buyout
Prior to joining Hill+Knowlton Strategies and Public Strategies, Marvin served as the chief information officer for Dallas-based startup Legend Airlines, responsible for all technology platforms and reservation systems. He also served as spokesman and helped develop and implement the carrier’s corporate communications and government relations program. Marvin also worked on both the 1992 and 1996 presidential campaigns of Ross Perot, serving as policy strategist and field operations manager.